N.O.V.A. 2 – Halo that fits in your pocket
NOVA or “Near Orbit Vangaurd Alliance” is one of my…
N.O.V.A. 2 is an obvious Halo iPhone inspired game that is definitely worth a play, the controls are smooth and responsive, and quite honestly pretty amazing for a device like the iPhone or iPad. The Multiplayer player component offers some good fun for after you beat the single player campaign.
N.O.V.A. 2 Gallery
- Slick and Responsive Controls (For the Most Part)
- Gyroscopic (tilt) control option
- Amazing Graphics
- Good gameplay flow
- Vehicle missions to stir up the gameplay
- Great Weapons
- Certain weapons are slightly frustrating *cough* sniper rifle
- Stat upgrades are virtually useless and need to be rethought out
- Would be awesome with co-op
- Storyline very smilar to it's Halo inspiration
N.O.V.A. 2 Review
NOVA or “Near Orbit Vangaurd Alliance” is one of my personal favorite First Person Shooter Games that you can find on the iOS app store for iPhone and iPad and it’s sequel NOVA 2 is a great improvement on the game, it continues the storyline where NOVA 1 left off (it continues 6 years after NOVA 1) and features several incredible new enemies to fight, a myriad of new weapons and some enhanced graphics. Here’s some of the main new features the game includes.
- Come back as the mysterious Kal Wardin as the universe erupts into a bloody civil war
- Several new enemies and factions
- An assortment of new weapons, including dual wielded pistols
- Vehicle battles are incorporated into the campaign
- Enhanced Graphics
- Several new Multiplayer Maps
The gameplay in NOVA is actually quite fun, albeit akin to a halo iphone game. the controls are slick and responsive and the balance and story-flow in the game are well put together. Another cool feature in Nova is the revolutionary use of built in Gyroscopic controls that let you adjust your players view by tilting the iPhone, while not usable in many situations (say on a bumpy car ride), this feature can make the game really immersive, you can also play the game standing up and it almost becomes like a virtual reality game on your phone.
It’s quite possible you will find the storyline familiar, throughout the story you are attempting to save the universe from the “Ring of Destruction” or sometimes known as the *ahem* “Halo of destruction”. Despite the games obvious inspiration from the Halo series the game is worth a play, even if you’ve never played Halo before.
Another nice addition to NOVA 2 is the neat vehicle based components of the game, while challenging they provide some good variety to the gameplay.
In conclusion i’d say NOVA 2 is an excellent First Person Shooter that will be a surprisingly fun time to play on the iPhone or iPad, worth a buy and a play!Final Score: 9 / 10 Get The App
You Might Also Like